Simple Stories has new faux leather albums! They are available in six colors, and in sizes 6×8 and 12×12.
This review is based on the black 6×8 Sn@p! faux leather scrapbook album.
Simple Stories Sn@p! Faux Leather Album
Where to see the album color choices: Simple Stories album colors.
Where to see the pocket page designs: Simple Stories pocket pages.
(Following the format of my previous Small Scrapbook Album Review)
- album: 8 3/8″ x 9″ faux leather
- spine: 2 1/4″, faux leather, metal bookplate attached
- inside: faux leather
- rings: 2-ring, not compatible with other manufacturers
- pages: 6 x 8, heavy weight, acid free, archival safe
- price: $23
- included: album, 10 pocket page protectors: (2) 6×8, (2) 4×6, (2) 3×4, (2) 3×4/4×6, (2) 2×8/4×4
- other album colors/styles available? yes (black, brown, red, green, pink, teal)
- can you buy additional page protectors? yes – 5 designs plus a variety pack (2 of each of the 5 designs)
- other inserts/pockets available? yes – lots of choices
- available at: Scrapbook.com (currently on sale for $18)
The 12×12 album is $30 and includes 10 pocket page protectors: (8) 12×12, (1) 4×6, (1) 4×6/3×4. There are also 10 pocket page designs available plus a variety pack.
Note: Be careful peeling off the small sticker that comes on the front of the album. It does not leave a residue, but you don’t want your fingernail digging into the leather when you try to grab the sticker edge.
Pocket Page Protectors:
The page protectors are heavy weight, and you can buy a variety pack OR a pack of the style you use most. The album comes with the variety pack (10 pages, two of each style).
Unexpected discovery: the pocket sizes are more true-to-size now! Which means the 4×6 photos fit better. There is a very small gap in case you have a bulky embellishment, but the gap isn’t so big that your flat 4×6 photo will slide around. The page protectors in my previous album review were about 3/16-inch wider than these page protectors. There is a Simple Stories logo on this new set – I’m guessing that is how we can tell it’s the new design.
Buy this album. :) It looks and feels luxurious and fancy, and the 6×8 size is perfect for any scrapbooking project, including December Daily and Project Life. In the past, I’ve used 6×8 Simple Stories albums for Christmas and summer Project Life.
Also, I am tired of typing “faux leather” and would like to invent a word: fleather.
Edit: Fleather is already a word? Seriously? *sigh* One of these days I’m going to invent a word for real…
*** Sponsored Giveaway! (Now Closed)***
This is my first giveaway! Yay!
To enter for a chance to win, simply leave a comment below. The giveaway is open worldwide.
Comments will remain open until Monday, October 28, 2013, at 11:59 p.m. EST (US), and I’ll announce the winner (selected from a random number generator) on Tuesday, October 29, 2013.
***This giveaway has ended***