The Walgreens app has a “quick prints” option – you can easily print photos from your Instagram or Facebook accounts, or your phone. I tried the Instagram printing option.
Walgreens App (free) and Instagram account (free, iPhone/iPad or Android)
4″ x 4″ is the only option. (Dear Walgreens: Please make 3×3 or 2×2 available). My prints were slightly wider than 4-inch – see examples below.
$0.39 per print (note: 4×6 prints are $0.20 each)
Ordering Process (Fast and Easy):
- Open Walgreens app
- Choose Photos > Instagram
- Enter your Instagram username and password
- Check the photos you wish to have printed
- Choose the Walgreens location where you’d like to pick up the prints
- Enter your name, phone number and email address
- You will receive a confirmation email, then another email when your order is ready.
My prints were ready in 20 minutes.
Glossy finish, same weight as the 4×6 prints I’ve ordered from Walgreens.
- The colors on the prints looked just like they did on my Instagram screen.
- The Instagram frames that had a textured look also had a textured look in the photo.
- The frames were not even on all sides. Since the prints were not exactly 4-inch square, the tops and bottoms of the frames were skinnier. Some frames were also not even on the sides.
- Prints without Instagram frames looked fine.
- Keep in mind that the prints are larger than a phone screen, so if the image looks blurry or grainy on your phone, it will look even more so on the print.
Example of Instagram Image vs. Walgreens Print:
(Note: In person, the print colors match the Instagram image shown)
Pros: The ordering process was fast and easy. The colors on the print looked like the Instagram image on my screen.
Cons: The prints were not exactly 4×4″ square, and the Instagram frames were therefore not even on all sides.
I would order the Walgreens Instagram prints again.
Follow Me on Instagram