When View-Master reels started showing up on scrapbook pages, I was thrilled. I loved them as a kid, and my children loved theirs, too. View Master = happy.
I waited patiently for the Tim Holtz die cut to appear at Hobby Lobby and promptly made my own faux-View Master reel. But there’s only so many scrapbook pages you can make with a reel die cut before questioning your purchase decision.
Fear not, friends. I’ve gathered a few ideas:
View Master Scrapbook Ideas
1. Print a contact sheet of photos on vellum or photo paper, then cut the photos to fit the viewmaster die cut. I tried printing on a transparency since I’d had success making a clear scrapbook page, but the photos ended up blotchy and never dried. I used glossy photo paper instead.
2. Put washi tape behind the windows, like the one my daughter (age 12) made:
3. Make a game spinner.
4. Make a clock (if your View Master reel has 12 openings).
5. Make a sunshine by attaching yellow ribbon. I didn’t have much ribbon left after making jellyfish, so I made a 3×4 journaling card. I added sewing machine stitching to hold the ribbon in place.
6. Make a bicycle wheel with one black and two silver die cuts. I made a 3×4 journaling card. I twisted the silver die cuts slightly to look like spokes, and trimmed the black one to look like a tire. I added a silver brad to the center.
7. Add pretty papers or vintage images, like the one from Stitch in Time.
8. Make a card, like the one from Julie Campbell at Two Peas in a Bucket.
9. Add stickers or clip art, like the one from The Royal Blog.
View Master Scrapbook Supplies
Tim Holtz View Master Sizzix Die ($19.99 at Hobby Lobby, less with a coupon)
Messy Desk Blank View Master Reel (free PNG)
Lori Whitlock Digital View Master ($3.99)
Cocoa Daisy Viewfinder Reel Cut File (free) – note: the download did not work for me but has worked for others.
Viewmaster 4×6 Title Card (layered PSD, $1.00)
BasicGrey Hello Frame Pack ($3.99)
Echo Park Viewmaster Scrapbook Paper ($0.79)
Crate Paper Ephemera Pack ($3.99)
Feel free to link your View-Master pages and projects in the comments!